Kept a Guy Locked in a Truck is the 14th episode of Season 2 of My Name Is Earl, and the 38th episode overall. A guilty conscience forces Earl to do #270 Kept a guy locked in a truck Joy had stolen. Only to discover that that man has since died. So he tries to throw a funeral for Josh. Unfortunatly, he can't seem to find anyone who knew him. Meanwhile, newlyweds Randy and Catalina go hunting for an apartment.
Episode guideEditA guilty conscience forces Earl to do #270: Kept a guy locked in a truck Joy had stolen. Only to discover that that same man named Josh has since died. Everyone except Joy were disappointed while Joy on the other hand, was celebrating and drinking, and start singing "Ding, dong. My witness is dead. My witness is dead." since her deaf lawyer told her it was a lucky break because of the news of the witness' fatal accident.
Yet, one night Josh's spirit came to Earl in a dream, requesting him to something for him, something that Josh will be remembered and never be forgotten. So, he tries to throw a funeral for Josh. Unfortunatly, he can't seem to find anyone who knew him. Meanwhile, the happy newlyweds Randy and Catalina go hunting for an apartment.
Earl decided to throw Josh's furneral and invited everyone he knew including Joy, Randy, Catalina, and Darnell, who was deeply concerned about letting the deceased Josh wear his purple tuxedo from his last wedding, worrying that his suit might get contaimnated or worse. Everyone who were here to pay respects to Josh, yet didn't know him very well, are mistaken his furneral to be a great party. Earl went to the restrooms since he forgot to practice on his eulogy but find it difficult to search for the right words to lay Josh's soul in peace. When Earl came out of the restrooms, he thought to himself "while I spent time in the bathroom to find the right words to send Josh off to Heaven, everyone at the furneral start raisin' hell." as he sees everybody becoming drunken partygoers ruining the service. Earl failed and told everyone to leave.
Joy came back to the furneral home to steal some leftovers to take home. And when Joy tried to take the cake with Josh's face on it, the face on the cake suddenly came to life as Josh blames Joy for kidnapping him. Joy screams and realized it wasn't just her worst nightmare, it was the same kind of guilty conscience that Earl had that convinces her to do what's right. Joy went with Earl back to Josh's apartment to clear out the room. Then they found his computer and e-mails from people who knew Josh by his another name "Big Dog".
So, Earl & Joy typed down and explain what happened to him and asked them to come to his furneral in person and online including a man who played online war games with "Big Dog" even though unknown to the both of them, they lived across rooms from each other in the same apartment building. And the beautiful Indian woman friend who enjoys having dinner nights with Josh on weekends and loves it when he sends the best "fowards" whenever he knew he pass it on. All was right for Earl who can finally cross Josh off his list. For Randy and Catalina who both found a permanent place to stay in the apartment room where Josh died. And for Joy and Darnell who kept a cactus from Josh's apartment to honor his memory.
- The acronyms in Josh's eulogy stand for:
- -LOL: Laugh Out Loud
- -ROTFLMAO: Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off
- -BRB: Be Right Back
- -AFK: Away From Keyboard
- Introduced and crossed off in this episode
- -#270 Kept a guy locked in a truck.
- "Humpty Dance" by Digital Underground
- "High School Never Ends" by Bowling For Soup
- Randy: I never had a legal massage. What's the point? It's like drinking non-alcoholic beer.
- Joy: I swear to God Earl, that dream just about made me pee up my bed. I never do that sober.
- Randy: I got a free lap dance on the way over. But, that's cause there were more people than seats in the car.
- Earl: That's great Randy
- Earl: Look for something of Josh's that'll be good to bury him in, something dignified, something that says, 'I should be remembered'.
- Joy: I don't wanna speak ill of the dead, but fashion-wise that boy died years ago.
- Jason Lee as Earl Hickey
- Ethan Suplee as Randy Hickey
- Jaime Pressly as Joy Turner
- Nadine Velazquez as Catalina
- Eddie Steeples as Darnell Turner
- Josh Wolf as Josh
- Jonathan Turnbill as Robert Douglas
- Windell Middlebrooks as Landlord
- John Waters as Walter
- Rasika Mathur as Female Indian Friend
- Jermaine Jackson as Poker Buddy
|< Season 1||My Name is Earl Season 2||Season 3 >|
|#01||Very Bad Things||#07||Mailbox||#13||Buried Treasure||#19||Harassed a Reporter|
|#02||Jump for Joy||#08||Robbed a Stoner Blind||#14||Kept a Guy Locked in a Truck||#20||Two Balls, Two Strikes|
|#03||Sticks & Stones||#09||Born a Gamblin' Man||#15||Foreign Exchange Student||#21||GED|
|#04||Larceny of a Kitty Cat||#10||South of the Border, Part Uno||#16||B.L.O.W.||#22||Get a Real Job|
|#05||Van Hickey||#11||South of the Border, Part Dos||#17||The Birthday Party||#23||The Trial|
|#06||Made a Lady Think I Was God||#12||Our 'Cops' Is On!||#18||Guess Who's Coming Out of Joy|